Monday, November 30, 2015

Do You Grow Your Own Foods?

Welcome to fresh oranges right off the tree! 

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed nowadays with even the restaurants. 

I guess in my mind, behind the wall, just like the Wizard of Oz - you don't know what is real or fake, they were still juicing fresh fruit for drinks. When your charged $3.95 a glass, and it's NOT fresh squeezed, I'm totally disappointed! 

Recently my husband took us out to IHOP and we were right in front of the food line. I could see everything behind fixed for meals. I saw they took out a juice carton, just like you buy at the store. I was so blown away, maybe just naive for sure! I can't believe we fool ourselves to go to a restaurant to eat and it's just the same as if you just did it yourself! Why do we decide to go out then? Unfortunately, this was a morning we were clear across town and needed to grab a bite to eat! 

I guess whatever excuse we put in our mind to eat out, it's a decision we have to make when we have to. If you only eat out every once in awhile, is it okay? Do you like to eat out? Why do we go to a restaurant to get the overpriced same food we have at home? 

I have my Mom down here in Arizona for a few months and it's really cool that they have orange and lemon trees in their neighborhood. I am amazed with all the people there hardly any eat the fruit off the trees! The picture above is the fresh oranges that were picked yesterday! I absolutely love the fresh juice! I wish there was trees everywhere to feed people fresh fruit! 

Why do we cut ourselves short? Instead of planting trees that cause pollen and flowers, why not grow trees with fruit? I feel our Government never wants us to be ahead of the game, fall behind and be broke buying fruit from other countries. Your thoughts? 

When we lived in Arizona a few years back we were renting a house that had grapefruits, oranges and lemons, boy was I in heaven. I actually had too much fruit and had to put a Craigslist add for free fruit, bring your bags! I had a lot of people come and grab fruit, loved it. I love sharing and not wasting. 

My long term goal is to do more for my family. Eat better! Have our own small garden and some fruit trees. If I get to that point we will see, but it's on my goal list. 

What is your thoughts on this? What would you like to see our communities do together to eat better and eat for free? 

Love to hear your thoughts! 
Stay Smilin' and Healthy! 
Leah 

No comments:

Post a Comment