Sunday, November 29, 2015

Homemade Bean Soup I Crockpot Style




Can you believe it’s already holiday time again?

I feel like every time I get ready for the Summer to end, it’s already holiday time. Time just flies faster and faster every year! What do you think? Do you rush your days?

Seems like we always want to RUSH the weeks, but boy, the weeks are flying so fast already on their own. Why do we do that? If it’s Monday, we wish for Friday! If it’s Sunday, we wish it was not Sunday! I have this feeling more as a work a Corporate job, compared to a home job! So I love my home job waaaay more than the Corporate job!

Today was a day of patience! Did I say patience? Oh my, not my in my line of work haha! I try hard to have patience but it doesn’t come easy! What do I mean by this? I wanted to clean out my pantry today and check what foods I could use now and not go to the store. I feel I constantly add more and more food to my pantry and don’t follow my own words “use up what you have before going to the store!” So, with that being said, I decided to use up my dry beans! I had in my mind, I’m going to make a good bean soup. Even though in Arizona, it’s chilly these last few days, so I needed to make a good soup!

OH my! Thank goodness for Facebook! Some days I just think I have it all together to make a simple soup! But, I did what the package said, and it didn’t work.


  1. Clean the beans
  2. Soak over night and add some salt (added pink Himalayan salt)
  3. Soaked in the Cast Iron Dutch Oven pan with a heavy lid
  4. Soaked over night and then in the morning rinsed the beans
  5. Added new water after rinsing
  6. Put the beans back in the Dutch Oven pan and cook till boiling
  7. Let soak for 4 hours

Okay, the beans should be ready! Ah no! The beans were hard as rock still, after all that! So headed over to my mom’s that are on Facebook and asked “what is the secret to dry beans?” Well, it seems like the Crockpot is a better way to cook the beans and keep them cooking long term. So, back to the Crockpot and on high for a few hours! Wa-La! It was what these beans needed to soften! Patience and the Crockpot!

Added a good amount of spices, a few teaspoons of Wildtree Bouillon Soup base and a can of tomatoes. Wa-La the soup is amazing! I did let it cook all day with the spices and mixed can of tomatoes, the bean soup is fantastic!

So just a quick reminder! Wish homemade food, it takes Patience!

What would you add? Do you make soup often? What do you like to add to your soups for great flavors?

No comments:

Post a Comment